Edible Glue made from Sugar Paste is simple using just-boiling water & sugar paste, You can even use Sugar Paste that as gone dry or hard (it may take a little long to dissolve).
You can watch the video or follow the recipe below the video
To Make Edible Glue from Sugar Paste
There are a number of ways to make Edible Glue but this is the method I use most.
- 50g Sugar Paste
- Boiling Water (enough to cover the sugar paste)
- Break small pieces of Sugar Paste into a jam jar, small jug cup or mug (make sure they are safe to use in a microwave)
- Place a fork into the jar/jug (stops the jar from cracking when you add the boiling water).
- Cover the sugar paste with boiling water & stir. Leave to stand for 5 mins.
- Stir with the fork. if the Sugar Paste as not dissolved place in a microwave for 30 seconds and then stir again.
- If the Sugar Paste as not dissolved you can put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Leave to cool before you use it. There may still be 1 or 2 small lumps in it, but these should dissolve as the liquid cools.
If the glue is to thick when it as cooled, you can stir in a little more boiled water.
If you don’t want to spend time making your own Edible Glue from Sugar Paste, you can buy Edible Glue on Amazon.